Thin and light for one-handed reading
New—The all-new Kindle is 11% thinner and 16% lighter than the previous generation Kindle, making it easy and comfortable to hold in one hand.
No glare in bright sunlight
Unlike reflective tablet and smartphone screens, the high contrast touchscreen display eliminates glare in any setting—even direct sunlight.
No eye strain, reads like real paper
Kindle uses actual ink particles and proprietary, hand-built fonts to create crisp text similar to what you see in a physical book. The blacks and whites on the screen are uniform, improving text and image quality.
Battery lasts weeks, not hours
Kindle doesn’t need power to maintain a page of text, allowing you to read for weeks on a single charge.
Unlike tablets, no blue light to disturb your sleep
Recent studies have shown that evening exposure to blue light from backlit screens like tablets and smartphones can suppress the body’s production of melatonin, a naturally occurring hormone that helps the body fall asleep. Because the Kindle display emits no light, you can read anytime without losing sleep.
Thousands of books, no distractions
Kindle is designed as a dedicated e-reader. Indulge your love of reading without interruptions like email alerts and push notifications.
- All-new design is thinner and lighter
- Easy on your eyes-touchscreen display reads like real paper
- No screen glare, even in bright sunlight, unlike tablets
- Single battery charge lasts weeks, not hours
- Get lost in your story with no alerts or notifications
- Holds thousands of books-choose from new releases and bestsellers, or from over a million titles at $2.99 or less
- Prime members read free with unlimited access to over a thousand titles